Wednesday, February 4, 2009

St-Barts, The Sanatorium

Anse Colombier, St Bart's
17 55.4N 62 52.3W

For the first time in many years, I (Linda) woke up with a sore throat, a blocked nose, a massive headache and could feel every muscle in my body. I had caught the flu!

Apparently it’s been around the islands since Christmas coincidentally just at the start of the “high season” of tourism. I suppose it’s difficult to impose a quarantine period on tourists coming on a weeks holiday ...

But do not worry, Tim took me back to my favourite island and I got to recover movie star style in St-Barts. It’s a shame we missed out on more diving while we were there but we had some lovely walks on the beach, wonderful lunches on the waterfront and a few swims in these turtle “infested” turquoise waters.

No comments: